Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Last Free Day








Yesterday (Wednesday) was our last free day. We have our Consulate Appt today at 2:40 and the rest of the day will be devoted to packing and picking up any last minute items. We are also going to put Frankie in one of her new Chinese dresses and take the famous "White Swan Red Couch Picture." The photo is a tradition amongst families who adopt from China and stay at this hotel. Frankie will take her picture with Cameron the Stud and Catherine the Beautiful. I'm thinking Cameron in the middle of his lady loves. Hot, right?

We put FJ in a stroller for the first time yesterday. Not fun. I have decided that no matter what it is, the first time Frankie tries it, she doesn't like it. (She's a little glass half empty that way). She had her wail-on for quite some time when we were riding her around. Cody and I just don't get it. We are completely baffled. Anyone want to weigh in? I mean, who doesn't want to be driven around town, maxin' and relaxin? We could not figure out what was wrong. What could make her cry so much? Admittedly, the stroller was borrowed from one of the stores around the hotel. Was it too low budget for Princess Frankie? Is she just too used to being carried around in the ergo by me and Daddy Warbucks? Did she want to push and let me sit in it? I seriously have no idea how this little girl became so high maintenance in a little over a week...I just don't know...

Anyway, we worked through it and she eventually started smiling again. As we were walking around the park, I noticed that there were lots of groups of people, kids and adults, playing hackeysack. The next thing I know--my husband gets in on one. He rocked it out! He played for awhile so of course I made him buy the hackey. Come on, you can't take up 15 minutes of the guy's time and then give him the "Ok, thank you!" without buying what he's selling. That is just mean.
I also took the liberty of taking a few public bathroom pictures. One of them is posted above. Doesn't it just make you want to redecorate all of your bathrooms at home?

That's really about it for our day yesterday. I got to do the rest of my shopping (in case you were wondering) because there will be no time today, Cody came with me for some and hung out with FJ in the room for some, and we had a nice, outdoor dinner at Lucy's Restaurant with the Norris' and the Simpsons'. (Banana splits and dancing included). 
Today is our last full day here, we're homeward bound soon! We're excited to get home and start another new phase with Frankie, we're excited to see Floyd and all of you, and we're excited that Terrell Pryor is going to be playing for the Buckeyes instead of UofM(well, I am).
 
We love and miss everyone. We should have some good Consulate and Red Couch pictures tomorrow. Hang in with us for one day...
XOXO

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, the time in China really flys. One day you meet your baby and the next (it seems) you are on your way home! I am just so damn happy for you. Everytime I read your posts and see you with Miss Swanky Frankie I tear up. I showed Gracen her picture and she smiled. :-) Yes, I told you they are going to be best friends! I will be praying for a really good flight home.

XOXO
Hanna

Anonymous said...

Doodee and I think that toilet is foul, but would like to install one in our basement for any hostages we may choose to acquire. That way we can practice waterboarding in a more realistic setting. Can't wait to see the Red Couch Hidden Dragon pics.
xoxoLG & Morty

Anonymous said...

Hey ya'll, Uncle Jon here. Emma didn't like to be strapped into things either. I think because it was something new, thus afraid of it. Whatever the "it" might be. (stroller, car seat ect...)Constant reassuring guys, she will soon learn that these are her modes of transpo and she will start to just go with it. Baby steps....

cya soon - love, Uncle Jon

Anonymous said...

Yo Mama...

She's been close to you and Daddy for awhile now -- then you're doing that separation thing ... princess FJ -- doesn't like the separation thing...

I know she's going to rock the Swan couch thing -- i think you should have bought a Red Chinese Dress .... for Mommy/Daughter pics...

WOW....Just thought.....You're going to be a Mom for Mother's Day -- how cool is that! And a Dad for Daddy's Day....such a great reward from a long wait....

Welcome to A wonderful Life FJ!
Jeri

Anonymous said...

As we count the minutes until we see you on Friday, and attend to all our assigned chores -- the car will be detailed tomorrow, the car seat installed, groceries shopped and put away -- I keep looking at my newest grandaughter's pictures and laughing about those cute nicknames -- Cranky Frankie, Swanky Frankie -- you've given her. So here are some variations on the theme:
When she gets mischievious she's Hanky Panky Frankie.
When she is really naughty, she's Spanky Frankie (No hard ones, just those little love taps that tell a kid she "didn't get away with it".
When she's really naughty and has to take a Time Out in her room (some punishment having to go to THAT room) she's becomes Walk the Planky Frankie.
And when she has a runny nose, it's Hanky Frankie.
And when she poops in her diaper, it's Ranky Frankie.
And finally, when she pulls your hair, she's Yanky Frankie.

All my love to the cutest family in China on either side of the Great Wall.

Grandpa Jimmy

Anonymous said...

You are probably done with your appointment and do not doubt you are on your way home, or soon. Stroller issue--yes princess, needs padding, a canopy, and pretty color, with table for toys. Yea, like the one you have at home. Yes, baby knows when you are skimping. was at Loehman's today and started picking up things again, 12 mos, and then the 24mos/2t, then store was closing, couldn't decide, so put everything down for next time-- WHEN YOU AND I GO!! Okay, missed yesterday's session, but of course need to comment-- that was very special, and can't believe the perfect fit!! BTW do you remember that Tanuga one came w/ a bib, so cute, and knew you would "recycle" that "advertisement" onsie. can't wait to see you all, xoxo T

Kacz said...

good looking chinese hacking, cody!

Greta said...

Jimmy Angles once again comes up with some doozies of names. LOVE IT!!! BTW I'd like to give a shout out to the Terrell Pryor comment! Thanks Rob!! Way to stick it to "Angles"!!
I can't wait to check in with you and see how Swanky Frankie will do in her new "palace" back on Bellvine Trail.
Safe travels and we love you.
Greta and the fam.

Anonymous said...

My last post from Dallas as I head off to Austin for a few days. Wishing you all a safe and uneventful trip home. I have my phone!!! I love you all, and I can't wait to talk to you and munch on Tasty Frankie. Welcome to you new home, Frankie! We love you here in Texas.

xo,
Aunt Abbey, Uncle Andy Reed PPPs, BFFs Luci and Nadia

Anonymous said...

Not much longer and you will be home. Looking forward to the Red Couch picture with her friends. Mark, nice playing. Glad you bought a hackey sack from the guy.Robyn,I start my day by reading the blog. You have shared this experience with all of us and we have all felt like we were there with you. Fankie is so lucky to have you for a mom. You are the best. Can't wait to hug and kiss all of you tomorrow. Travel safe.

All my love,
Grammy