Friday, March 21, 2008

Ne Hao!

This blows.
We have so many awesome pictures that I am dying to share but the computer is running so slow, I can't take it. It is just taking too long to upload them and I'm too tired to wait. I will try to get them posted tomorrow, for sure.


I wanted to check in to tell you guys that we are really doing great. It has been a whirlwind of craziness here these last few days but we are rockin' and rollin'. We are having the best time. I can't believe that we have the same kid from just a few days ago. She changes so much in a day, it's crazy. Two days ago I put her on her tummy and she threw a tantrum, now she is not only on her tummy, but she is rolling over and all over the place. She's smiling and cooing and YOU WILL MELT WHEN YOU MEET HER. You will just want to eat her. (But don't OK? We just got her).


In the last few days, our group has gone to the Super Walmart in Chongqing--(that was an experience!!--It's overwhelming enough in that joint but Hello?? No one speaks English and everything is in Chinese! I was sweating my a$$ off looking for Peter--our guide-- to help me translate things), we walked through the Panda Bear Exhibit (so, so cute), and we've eaten so much that whenever I think of the people who claim they lost 5-7 pounds on this trip, I just laugh and throw down some more dim sum.


Yesterday was our most favorite day. All three families met up with our guide, Peter, after breakfast to go on the cable car ride in Chongqing. I almost didn't go because I'm a wuss, but John (who I love, from our group) talked me into it. I'm glad I went, it was actually really fun. After that we all walked around the Chongqing market area just shopping and browsing. The best part of the day (and the trip so far) was when the families stole the Concierge from our hotel and we all went to the Ming Dynasty Market Place. I don't know the actual name for the area so let's just call it that. IT WAS AWESOME. We all had a blast. Kathy, Wendy and I did some MAJOR power shopping and we were all amazed by the old temples and structures. It was one of the coolest places I have ever been. We all loved it. I bought Frankie so much stuff!!! (And maybe a few things for myself).


Since last night was our last night in Chongqing, Peter picked out a great restaurant, came out with us, and did all the ordering. I for sure ate everyone under the table (shocker) and the food was amazing. Frankie even sat in a high chair for the first time ever. She wasn't into it at first, but she had one leg on the table and was sporting her classic "stripper position" in no time. My girl has no shame, I swear. It's great (and very impressive) that she can do the splits, but I think Cody would be a little more comfortable if she kept it within the confines of our hotel room...


Today we all left Chongqing after breakfast to fly back to Guangzhou. Frankie and the other babies (Cameron and Catherine) went on their first plane ride with their new Chinese passports. Frankie has a passport, how crazy is that? Her picture is so cute. She looks very "mod" in her black sweater. I wish I had some white earrings and go-go boots for her. Shee did great on the plane--we were a little worried, but she rocked it out Frankie Jade style.


We're back at the White Swan in GZ, but in a suite this time. It's not nearly as nice as the hotel room we left in Chongqing, so we have decided that we are spoiled (Is this new?) I am missing certain things like the buffet at the other hotel, Cody misses the kitchen area and size of our old suite, and Frankie is just happy to be with us. We asked her tonight, when she was rolling around on the floor clad only in her diaper--with toys everywhere cooing and smiling, if she wanted to go back to the orphanage and she threw some stink eye our way.


We have been working really hard on getting Frankie into a routine (and it's working). She is the happiest baby I have ever seen. Cody is so in love with her, I think he has forgotten about me. I will really try and get some good pictures uploaded tomorrow.


Love and miss you all. We love the comments. Have I told you that? XOXOXO



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

cody looks like he is at camp and you and Frankie(beautiful) look like you are GQ models. Shocker! you guys sound and look great. enjoy the rest of your time. Fields Family

Anonymous said...

I did it...I beat Nags and Abbey. Greta's on vaca in Florida so she doesn't count. I'm first this time.
Rob....this is awesome. We all can't wait for your updates....and you better watch out...Jimmy and I will have trouble keeping our hands off this yummy little girl.
Pictures are great...
One more week...Love you all. Nana.

Anonymous said...

Real nice, Nana! Teaching FJC the art of competition already! Hee hee.

Robyn, Cody, and FJC, I love the new update! It sounds like everything is falling into place, and you are the model family (pun intended). Andy Reed PPPs will love the update--he keeps asking me if there has been one.

Love the new pics--Frankie, you are perfect!

xo,
abb.

Anonymous said...

love the pics- they're great!
you guys look awesome and she is the sweetest little thing ever!!
xoxoxo
A2

Bellvine said...

Welcome to the neiborhood FJC. Homeowners association dues are due next week, no out of town checks please.
Lots of gifts are waiting for you in the north wing, where dad set the temp at a wonderful 74 degrees(he is rich).
Love the pics, please send only ones of you and mom, no more pics of grouchy.
Fakota is doing well, sleeping and taking care of the house. Cant wait to see ya

Anonymous said...

Nacho. I posted a comment but it didnt register........
Court # 6 isnt the same with out Codini......
Hurry up and come home......
Birmingham is waitng for it's newest addition to Lincoln....

Love ya all,

Regis...

Shawnstribe said...

Hey Robyn, can you even remember what life was like without a baby????
soooo coool isn't it!!!!
F sucks her fingers like Aila Mei, how sweet is that.
Thinking of you guys
loads of love
S and Aila Mei

Anonymous said...

Rob - Your blog is great. It's the highlight of my day besides waking up every morning next to your Mom. I'm not crying as much when I read it or see her picture, so I think I'm getting control of my emotions now that Frankie is a reality. I can't wait for you all to arrive next Friday.
Cody - We're missing you in the "March Madness" pools, but you probably haven't given it a second thought. Besides, you're on a much more important mission.

I love you all,

Grandpa Jimmy

Anonymous said...

You sound so great now guys! I'm so glad that Falutes did a turn around - I knew she'd come around. Have a great rest of your trip - take lots of pics and keep eating. We miss you a lot and are looking forward to seeing you soon.
love you all,
vieders

Anonymous said...

Go Frankie! Nice pics. Cody, way to keep up the grunge. Balance it out buddy, represent, can't all be prada. Nice to hear the plane ride went well. Spartans advance here in Denver! Maybe sneak in on Saturday.
I bet you guys are ready to come home.
Mak is so excited to meet his new friend. We have shown him pictures, and he has that gleam in his eye already...He likes older women for sure!!
XOXOX
Sending the CO sunshine

Brandi said...

So glad to hear everything is going great, and that you're getting to get out & do some shopping & eating some yummy food.

She is such a cute little thing!

Can't wait to see more pics tomorrow1

erin said...

You guys look and sound awesome! What an unforgettable experience! It's been great seeing it thru your eyes-Love that your doing so well and it's all beginning to flow smoothly. Can it get any better? Come on home already, we can't wait to meet her:) Oh yeah and to see you guys too.

Anonymous said...

I still get teary whenever I read this or look at the pictures and I am constantly calling Ron or one of the kids to the computer.

Frankie gets cuter by the minute and we are all getting so excited. It sounds like you are having a blast though, so enjoy your last week. In the meantime, we will all keep checking in...thank goodness for the internet, right?
love you!!!
J

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back up and running on the blog-I admit-I am addicted to it. Sounds like you got the parenting thing going well, nice work. I am dying to get my hands on those cheeks (FJCs of course). Miss you guys!
LG

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me peeking in, I just couldn't wait to see Frankie. She is sooo cute. I hope I get to meet her soon. Congrats to all of you.

Shari (Jon's friend)

Anonymous said...

Robyn
I am having so much fun with the blog. When I am reading it I feel like I am there with you. You have me laughing and crying. I am so glad that thihngs are better. Spend money ,shop,eat and just enjoy.
Frankie is beautiful. We are so blessed. Kiss her for me and tell her that Grammy can't wait to meet her and take care of her.
Love to Daddy.
Love you
The Redhead

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying keeping up to date but it looks like Robyn is getting more sleep than the rest of you unless Robyn is photoshopping the pictures.

Lisa and Milly are in town for the Sunday Piston's game here in DC --- next year you can bring Frankie to the game ---

That's all for now. Waconda is watching you.

Rich and Rachel

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome! We are so happy for you. Frankie is absolutely adorable and we can't wait to meet her.

The pics and updates are great!

Love the Vivianos