Tuesday, July 22, 2008




Frankie loves to stand.
It's her new thing and she is VERY into it.
Usually when she stands, I put both arms up in the air and sing "YAY," but there are plenty of times when I find myself grabbing her and saying "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

You know those chairs that clip onto the side of the table? The ones babies and toddlers sit in while they're eating? Yeah...Frankie likes to stand while she's in it. Of course she is clipped in and the straps should hold her down--but they don't. She pushes her butt back, reaches forward and stands. It's very annoying. We, repeatedly, gently push her back down and tell her "NO," but she flat-out doesn't care. She just tries to stand back up again.

Frankie also tries to stand while I'm changing her diaper. What is that all about? I'll reach down for a dipe or for a wipey thing and the next thing I know, in a flash, she has gone from her back to her stomach while quickly pulling her legs in so she can stand. NO! Are you kidding me? You're on a changing table for *&^%'s sake! GET DOWN.

How about in the bathtub? That's my personal fave. I mean, is there a MORE dangerous place for Frankie to stand? Water, soap, shampoo and suds. Nope, no danger there. Here, let me help you! Unreal. I must have said "NO" about 1000 times tonight during bathtime but she just thinks it's funny. Well, it's not.

I have noticed, as of late, that even she has started shaking her head "NO."
Whatever it is, the answer is "no."
I can't imagine where she picked that up.
Could it be that she sees me doing it to her all the time?
Gee, I wonder why...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that no...and it lasts for about 3 years! Kathy always changed the boys while they were standing...I never did figure out how to do it.

Sounds like you are having a ball, keep up the laughs!

Karen

Karin said...

I remember having to change standing-up kids when I did day care... as long as they aren't covered in crap... that would be gross!
I'm glad you brought your comments back! I missed telling you how cool you girls were~ and congrats on the contest thing!

Unknown said...

Hah! That is too funny. Brianna does the same thing. She has almost done an endo over the side of the tub because she is standing and wants to see what is on the other side. That is so much fun - she's more slippery than a greased pig. She thinks it is the funniest thing ever, so now she does it all of the time, just to keep me on my toes!

Shawnstribe said...

yay the comments thingy is up and running again! where had it gone???
never mind, we are back in bloggy land; )

nooooooooooooooooooo, oh yes, the noooooooooooooo word!

mmm not good hey, X X now says nooooooooooooo to me very often!!!
oh well, till someone comes up with something better the NO word it is!!!!!

chinese for it could be bu yao if my spelling is right...for DONT!!!!
it's a change at least ; )

i love your post girl and thank you for you kind lovely encouraging words, you rock!!!!
xxx
s
ps how's flloyd???

Rachel said...

Hi Robyn,
I'm so glad we can comment again!

I have been keeping up with your blog and Frankie looks great! She seems to be so comfortable as part of your family.

We were visiting Detroit last month and I thought of you. There's a chance we could be back before long and Lily and I would love to see you and Frankie!

Rachel